Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Departure


Well, this is it! I am now at Dulles Airport in Washington D.C. waiting to board my flight. I am blogging on the airport's wireless internet service. Technology is amazing!

I will be leaving today at 6:45PM from Dulles Airport in Washington D.C. flight #216 British Airways! I will be stopping in London at 6:50AM and will arrive in Nairobi, Kenya at 9:20PM tomorrow night!

I suppose you could say that everything has led up to this moment. Up until now, it's been a whirlwind of preparation and I haven't had much time to think. Many of you have asked me, "Are you excited?" I can now finally say, "Yes, I am very excited!" All preparations have been made, all of the training has been gone through, there is nothing left, but to get on the plane.

Us four volunteers going to Kenya will be leaving behind the two volunteers going to Lima, Peru. They will be leaving tomorrow. Before this week we were all strangers, but during this past week we have all grown together and bonded and now we say our "goodbyes" with as much encouragement as we can muster. We have all made promises to keep in touch.

And so this is my last goodbye to everybody. I thank you again for all of your support and wish you well in the next year. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments: