Friday, November 10, 2006

Grateful to have such good friends

I took the bus out to Chicago this weekend to spend some time with some of my best friends before I leave. We ate, we drank, we had great conversation while wandering the streets of the Windy City. I even got lost at one point trying to find the Blue Line train. Carlos, Mike, Laura, Nate, Shannon, and Anne.... I've known them all from the past three summers at Camp Shawnee, a summer camp for children of low-income families, in Appalachia, Kentucky. When I look back, those were some of the best summers of my life....spent with some of the best people of my life. I can't believe I have such great friends to see me off. There is so much going on in all of our lives right now, from new apartments, to new jobs, to finishing school, to going on to graduate studies, and my mission in Kenya....we our all standing on the verge of something great in our lives. By this time next year, we will all have great stories to tell.

No comments: