Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

As I sat with my family around a table filled with food and recited the following prayer, it was obvious to me what I am thankful for. I am thankful for my life and the people it in and the opportunities I have to help others. I am thankful for this opportunity I will have to help the people of Kenya and most of all thankful for the help I know they will give me in my life. I am also very thankful to have a family, friends, and a community that support me with their prayers and donations. Thank you all!
A Thanksgiving Prayer
Oh, God when I have food,
help me to remember the hungry;
When I have work, Help me
to remember the jobless;
When I have a warm home,
help me to remember the homeless;
When I am without pain,
help me to remember those who suffer;
And remembering, help
to destroy my complacency
and bestir my compassion.
Make me concerned enough
to help, by word and deed,
those who cry out
for what we take for granted.
~Samuel F. Pugh

No comments: